- All footage/video/images must be shot on a smartphone, mobile phone or other mobile device such as a tablet or GoPro camera. Production equipment including lights, cranes, dollies, etc. are allowed.
- The use of multiple mobile devices is permitted. Mobile filmmaking is a growing industry and customized equipment is readily available online and in many stores. Filmmakers may post produced projects on a computer or workstation.
- Please limit your submissions to no more than four (4) films per person and/or collaborative team. The total run-time should be a minimum of 1 minute and not to exceed 15 minutes in length, including credits.
- Submissions may be ‘post-produced’ on a mobile device or computer. If editing the film on a mobile device, the use of “auto-editing” applications is not permitted.
- Films must be shot/captured, edited and submitted in HD quality with suitable audio. Post-production audio looping is permitted. Only original music, images, photos and/or graphics may be submitted.
- Please ensure all content is original. Copyright infringement (even if accidental) will result in disqualification. Only showcase a single-filmmaker’s original talent or the original talent of listed collaborative team members!
- Films with audio recorded in a language other than English are asked to provide English subtitles for the convenience of Jury members. International entries are highly encouraged!
- By submitting a film and entering a film, individuals and collaborative groups are granting the right to post the film on the SmartPhilm Fest Website, Youtube, Vimeo, or any other video platform.
- Contestants also attest to the fact that all of the content included in the submitted film project is original material — the rights to which remain with the filmmaker.
Films will be not admitted if they incite totally or partially gender-based violence, homophobia, racism or cruelty towards animals of any kind.
Films will be not admitted if their plot and general idea are derogatory, humiliating, degrading or direct attack towards any social group or sexual orientation, race, nationality or religion.
Submissions open September 1, 2017, 12:01AM (EST) and close December 15, 2017, 11:59 PM (EST). All submission must be made through FilmFreeway.com.
High resolution files of the SmartPhilm Fest logo for use in marketing and packaging of awarded films will be available upon request.